Friday, June 6, 2008

Quick Hit: Enough Already!

Unless Barry Bonds is seeking a job as Vice-President, I don't want to hear about him anymore. Bonds headlines are increasingly frustrating when there are serious issues like the recession and rising oil prices in the news today. I have long railed against Senators and Representatives filling their precious time by prosecuting athletes that use performing enhancement drugs. Amid substantial headlines, I had to be bothered with Barry Bonds' plea of not guilty to 15 charges that he lied to federal jury in 2003. If you really want to see my blood boil, start talking about Arlen Spectre's investigation into allegations that the Patriots illegally taped their opponents. When sports climbs higher than poverty, education, and energy independence on our leader's agenda's, we may have a problem. I recommend our news media leave Bonds to ESPN and concentrate on something more important, like, you know, the economy. I want CNN, Fox News, and MSNBC to stop acting like TMZ and start acting like intelligent journalists.

No comments: