Sunday, February 17, 2008

PBS...yes its worth it

It's late and for some personal, family-related reasons today got much longer that I thought it would but I wanted to come to the aide of PBS. Today the NY Times posted this article, asking whether PBS was still necessary. I want to express my deep support for PBS. The kind of thoughtful, insightful, well produced programming PBS creates is better than anything else the networks or cable produce. If PBS were reduced to the NewsHour, Frontline, Washington Week, NOW, and NOVA it would still be worth every tax payer dollar. Everyone deserves to be informed and inspired, the network news broadcasts don't do that, most cable broadcasts don't either, and not everyone can afford cable.

So I say live on PBS, and I will gladly let my tax dollars go to continuing to inform the American people if they don't appreciate it.

No comments: