Monday, March 17, 2008

March Madness Is: Getting a Vasectomy

Hey, fellas! Looking for an excuse to stay home from work and watch March Madness this week?? The Oregon Urology Institute has the answer: get a vasectomy!

Says the radio ad, "When March Madness approaches you need an excuse ...to stay at home in front of the big screen. Get your vasectomy at Oregon Urology Institute the day before the tournament starts. It's snip city." Holy schnikes! If you want to hear the ad in its entirety and lunacy click here.

Okay, so I'm as happy as the next guy to find a reason to skip work and vegg out on the couch - but not at the expense of my little Buckeyes. Now, I'll concede I'm really not the target of these ads, but I still have to wonder what made the OUI come up with this crazy promotion. Did their marketing director wake up one day and shout, "Eureka! We'll offer a snip off in time for tip off! That'll pack 'em in!"

Between this promotion and last week's announcement of Eliot Spitzer night, I'm fearing what the third part of the trifecta is going to be. In any case, I'm sorry, OUI. No amount of basketball plus recovery kit of sports magazines, free pizza delivery and a bag of frozen peas is gonna convince me I should let you Cameron Crazies anywhere near my Gonzaga.

No comments: