Wednesday, April 2, 2008

John Edwards: Kiss of Death

John Edwards' popularity has taken a couple indirect but hurtful blows this week. And when you consider he's not even a candidate anymore, that just rubs salt in the festering wound. First, Huffpo reported yesterday that the August 2007 issue of Esquire, with Senator Edwards on the cover, was one of the worst selling issues of the year. Then today, as pointed out by our friends at A Red Mind in a Blue State, a Texas student is suing his school district for kicking him off campus for wearing a John Edwards t-shirt. Apparently, it's against dress code to wear t-shirts with political messaging. This shocks and astounds me; so, it's OK to show my support for Tony Romo on school grounds but not for John Edwards? Talk about an inconsistent and incompetent policy. Then, I've never been a big fan of most school's dress codes. They're either too strict or too lax. But, I digress. I guess my point is, if I'm making a point, that it seems Senator Edwards just seems to bring bad luck. And I say "boo" to that, because I like him. I guess it remains to be seen if his endorsement can/will sink a candidate.

No comments: